Saturday 16 March 2013

THE JUICE MAN


Every morning I walk to the class this man stands on the road to my college and hostel. At times I just stare and walk silently away. One moment I just took a few minutes to talk with him through my not so good Hindi.
I have not asked anything about his family. I just talked about how well his business runs. I could conclude from his hopeful and happy face that it’s enough to serve him and his family well. I yet again concluded because it is all that college students are real consumers and in hot sunny days, this surely must sale best. The college population which stands not less than five thousand and every day thousands of student’s passes by his juice collects good amount.
I was not wondered about how much he makes profit, much equivalent to that of standard shop in Thimphu but I was so much excited about a very simple machine he uses to squeeze the juice. The machine has a rotating handle and flywheel for continuous energy.  The fruits or cane, which can be squeezed for juice, is made to go through gear grinders. For fruits the grinders are different slightly than cane grinders.  For the price ranging from fifteen to thirty rupees he spends wonderful day under the big umbrella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment