Monday 14 April 2014

Chilip's Tshechu


Recently I have been visiting Drayangs and Dance party frequently which made me fill with feelings that are very hard to describe. I can’t comment on why I went but I know I went for many times now. For the first time was in Thimphu, Zombala Drayang, I can’t remember my friends who took me there, leave alone those girls; this is how fast our memory diminishes how good or bad.  As and when the moments visiting these places moved on, I came across kinds of people, some as friendly as we could expect and some as dangerous as we could suspect.  To all those kind I found one common thing-why they go there? My reason was valid until I found girls visiting those Drayangs.  These situations questioned me hard, about what really is entertainment or recreation? Is it about smoking, drinking and getting flat? Is it enjoyment means to get mad and funny? Because by being all these, the reality of living are compromised, dignity is being waived off and people no more live in consciousness. Are we crazy enough to forget all our relatives, friends and families? 

 

Dance party as I would define through what I have seen is, getting crazy with dancers by acting a dance. Many of the males who goes their starting from a teenage to an aged man, looks for a partner or if they have already one taken in, they look for spending a night.  If you are loving couple, I guess you dance for your love. Actually many comes to take one for the night. I wonder with the ladies in a dance party what they intend.  My recent incident spoke many lessons to me. I came across a girl, not exactly a girl but aged one. I sat at the corner where there were few tall slimy chairs, I was not dancing (I actually don’t know). I was holding a glass with special courier. The lady came and sat near me.  She brought her mouth near to my ear as if she was about to kiss. I was like, no no please.  Hi… she spoke loud, and I said Yes ma’m what do you want to say?  My name is Sonam, you wanna dance?  I wait for a while and replied I don know how to dance.  She said, it is just shake and move.  I replied, I don’t know how to shake and move.  We remain silent for a while and after some time she brought again her mouth to my ear and said, do you have a car? This is life, was all I got to say.  My friend showed me the fingers to point, get out with her.

 

I obviously visit Drayangs more than Dance Party because, there you just need to sit, get one drink and watch. Watch what? Many of the gentlemen who visit there watches sexy moves and bodies of dancers but I don’t watch this. I watch the counter girl.  The proprietor just wants money, and they don’t care the people who make money for them.  Many of the Drayangs girls smoke and drink. They come near, hold your hands, hug your backs and ask for request.  Every time a girl come to me and ask request, I ask her back, how much income do you get?  I really wanted to know the worth of their trade. It is emotional trade. I told her, if you want money, I want to give it to you not for your dance.  Many of my friends go there to get one. I don’t know what I go for but I want to go now on for my counter girl. She is Proprietor’s daughter. I want to show that love is tastier in dignity.  I don’t know how far it will be true, if you are going for just fun, enjoyment, recreation and entertainment.  It has become pool of exploitation. People come here to barter money.
 
more on next.....:)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment