Monday 2 November 2015

Gasa & Tshachhu


It is a wonderful place to visit and it totals up to sixteen Dzongkhags i have visited thus far. Gasa made me feel like i could be a reincarnation of Gasa Lamai Singye but i am sure i cannot be. Besides a fortress in the sky, its the hot spring emerged miraculously from the ridge down in the gasa valley. My dad told me that in his younger years during the rebuilding of Punakha Dzong someone elder  told him that the water was used during the Gasa Dzong construction. Gasa is cold indeed and hot spring there is a blessing atleast by a temperature. Some people just come for a normal bath. And I came across so many Cooch Beharies in the pond. They said, its just so easy to come down and take shower from a natural heat. They had nill believe in cure of diseases or some medicinal values.   How so ever my parents believed that its creation of Guru Rinpoche and they even chanted Guru's mantra. I believed sometimes it may be this very reason to believe that may cure you. Various ponds with differing temperature were there. Pond with maximum heat is approximated to be more than half a boiling point. I could dip just two ponds, the lowest and the second lowest due to its mild temperature. Ofcourse these mild ponds are approximated more than  body temperature of 37 degree celcius. I can't argue about volcanic heat while it is too vast to study. The area smells the sulphur. Pungent Odour of Hydrogen Sulphide is being blown out of the hill crust just above the ponds. They say it is going to cure sinus. Thanks to Government we had accomodation right in the base of tshachhu. But i was bit sad to come across the maintain of guest house and use of ponds. Toilets and bathrooms were kept so horrible. I can't imagine where our fees go? BTW, i stayed in 200 Nu. per Night room. Dipping in a pond, is yet another bad experience. Some dip in without taking a shower outside. Some eat domas. Some with beer and cigarretes. Some with unethical dresses. I heard some even make love in the pond but i believe it may be just a rumour.


All in all, gasa has injected me something call nature's emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment