Thursday 27 March 2014

DEBT a CONCERN?

posted on 18th March-2014 on facebook
Yesterday HE lyonpo Norbu visited PHPA and held meeting With us (engineers), he clarified of beginning other projects through IG mode and JV mode very soon. He wanted to hear some questions, but I could not ask although I had one question, because firstly I am living under that scheme of project and secondly my question seems politically sensitive.Although I really wanted to ask this. so I share w...ith you because this is social media and I assume it is nothing to be political here.
Q:when DPT government was convincing them/us about how important is to invest in such projects to march towards self reliance they/we turned away our ears to hear PDPs worry(tshagay bomsho-as they called it) of huge debt and the question if the pace of investing such in huge amounts might be too rush and early! I had the same worry too-and this is why I Voted for Lyonpo Dorji choden who chose to become PDP's. I worried about if we are too dependent on India-'will friendship be always the solid trustworthy weapon for our sovereignty? Of-course Indians are great and best, perhaps my best friend happens to be Indian but It don't really mean India will be best at us always. They have their own home problems and their leaders too changes from every five years. The question is will the future coming leaders of India emotionalize our friendship as did in the past. My main question is Why PDP shifted to -no worry- of starting a big big projects. Because I have not shifted and I am with same worry still. Is it ,that is, PDP's way of telling us ''YOU should have voted for DPT not US". although the funds come from India, it is on 60% loan 10%.p.a for 12 years (40% grant) after commissioning. I should approximate for Every 5 Indians employed there are 95 Bhutanese, but the amazing thing is as many as 95% of the Bhutanese employees are below AEs grades and 95% of Indians are above AE grade which you should understand that almost 20 Bhutanese employee is equivalent to 1 Indian-in payment terms. so the grant of 40% seems to be back feeder our counterparts. -authorities need analyze it. personally as a project employee we get good pay, yes we like it, but for my country I am worried that, other projects will append on the huge debt that is already on air. Bhutan will, have a bone, blood and flesh of others to wear Bhutan on its body. Till then let this projects bring us tremendous money in to stay fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment