Wednesday 11 November 2015

Eleventh of Eleven, 2015

The auspicious eleven eleventh of twenty fifteen. Wonderstruck i was, among the thousands of people gathered for celebrating sixty golden years of the great fourth, His Majesty Jigme Singye Wangchuk Chog. Freezing morning at just passed five, i entered already packed Changlimithang Stadium to join the nation to celebrate the special birthday. I kept hope high for my wish that, more than two decades dream to meet my King in person be accomplished on the great day. Little unfortunate myself, i was not on the ground. This is the second unfortunate time i came across. The first one was in Babeena when I skipped an evening study walk during RCSE preparation and my friends, Dawa Yozer (Research Officer UWICE in Bumthang), Chencho (Drungtsho-RCSE tech. Topper) and  Kinzang Norbu (Drungtsho-second topper) met with HM and were fortunate enough to get a torch from Majesty. But still I pray my wish, one day to meet my king.

As His Majesty fifth king delivered usual heart felt kalop speech, my emotions ran down my heart and I prayed that may our godly kings bless us at all times to come. Besides many heartfelt words from the infinite works of HM fourth "it is better to die than to fail a nation's responsibility" pierced my heart and tears rolled down my cheeks. Another round of tears fell from my eyes but a joyous one, when His Majesty fifth king announced about Crown Prince delivery on Rangda Dangpa-Bhutanese New Year corresponding to Ninth February, 2016. What could be a greater news than this? Congratulations to Our King & Queen and to the people of Bhutan.

May our King Live Long!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment