Thursday 13 July 2017

Child Labour

Out of the very hot shopping hours, I and my wife went to one of  the Hotels somewhere in Phuntsholing. I ordered a bottle of beer and my wife wanted a cup of tea. Small girl served her a cup of Tea. Unfortunately my wife found out whole thick soap sticking with the cup. 

My wife told to change it and serve again. We thought that the little girl might be the daughter of the proprietor but to our dismay she was the waitress in that hotel taking up that laborious job. I was very disheartened to see one counter girl came and banged her like a dog in the strangers doorstep. She was too young to take up that job. I guess she was just 10 or 12 yrs old. 

My wife and i was sorry for reporting the dirty & poorly washed cup. She grinned at us. She was very angry with us for reporting it. We felt so sorry!

Now, some children as young as her might be just playing. But this unfortunate child has been working in that hotel since a year or two back. We have child labor rules which should certainly prohibit such torture to our young bones and flesh. I wish there are some ways to fully eradicate such kinds of money making out of the disadvantaged situation. Some children have to baby sit and they loose all their teenager life and also their future is destroyed. 

Lets do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment