Wednesday 17 April 2019

Lets Call her Name

In my childhood days Tiru meant a currency. When I get to school I knew our money is termed Ngultrum. My Memey would tell me about those tibetan Boetrums they used to trade in terms of. Later Choetrum, Matrum, Sertrum, Zangtrum etc ran through my nuero-ways as  I grew up in the society. Those coins were regarded as ancient currency to be just wraped with a piece of cloth and lock it in the Wooden Box. 

In those days, I recall hearing a word Paise which would be pronounced as Paisha but I must consfess we never used to hear a word Rupee! I am just talking about my village.

At this Juncture, when I am a full grown citizen and the year is 2019, I am splashed and shaken to hear even a small kid just can't put ngultrum than Rupee. Go to that Shop, 'Magi Chi Nang 10 Rupees Gee', '50 Rupees gee voucher chi nang' And even the adults, '20k Rupees gee shopping chapchi' 'The pulley costed 80k Rupees'. At Sunday Shoppings, bargaining for vegetables goes '20 Rupees bey nang' and at Taxi Parking, 250 Rupees Jingay' 

And most dirty part is even our Banking Friends do call our currency as Rupees. Have you ever caught some of them? Thanks to BBS for being the only sincere guy to call our currency the real name NGULTRUM. 

If we donot correct today, it will cost us an irrepairable damage. Because the currency of our neighbour is powerful in itself, it shall have it's own force to press down our currency at any point of time. Their money power has pushed it's popularity nationwide at a go when the IC crisis pinched us. And if we remain like this telling monkey, monkey and monkey, I fear the day is not too far for the donkey to be a monkey. 

I would request if you are one such people who feels the same, help some one call our Ngultrum! 'Ama Ngultrum Sumja Bae Nyogey' 'Ani Dom Dhi Ngultrum Chigtong ra enn' 'Hoentshe Ngultrum Khel ra Enn'...'Fifty Ngultrum gee voucher Zhugay' ..
If not you, who will? If not us, who will?



No comments:

Post a Comment